Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Little Something Extra on the Side

I'm pretty proud of this one.  I think it is one of my best structured stories.  I was heavily influenced by John Irving on this one.  It has a lot of the John Irving elements including missing body parts (in my case, extra body parts), strange animals (a goat instead of a bear), having a writer as one of the characters and the fact that it is a sex farce.  But this is a sex farce without any sex.  Unless you count a little gay groping.  On reading it again, I think maybe it did end a little too suddenly.  But it is such a great ending.  Kind of a redemptive Christmas stroy.

Please leave a comment.  I would love to get some feedback, good or bad.

A Little Something on the Side                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment